[bksvol-discuss] Another American Girl Submission

  • From: "Natasha Baebler" <guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:33:30 -0500

Here is the second to last of the books in the series about Julie Albright.
Changes for Julie, by Megan McDonald. Has been read, chapter headers and page
numbers protected, captions labeled, headers stripped. Easy validation. Have a
summary --

Julie is in fifth grade-and in trouble! She was only helping her

friend Joy, who is deaf, but her teacher doesn't care. After serving

time in detention, Julie sets out to change the system. To do that,

she'll have to win the election for student body president, running

against the most popular boy in the school. As the election heats up,

Julie tries to get the kids to listen to her ideas. When she realizes

that the other kids don't like Joy, her choice for vice president,

she considers dropping out of the race. But the last thing she

wants is to hurt Joy's feelings-or lose her as a friend.

Happy validating,
Natasha and Guide Dog Fossey

"I want to be successful like everyone does, but through my idea of success. I
don't just mean that I will make a lot of money and be known for what I do, but
that I make a difference in someone's life."
-- Megan Piontek 1985-2008
----