[bksvol-discuss] Re: Please advise, steps to re-submitting a corrected copy of book submission

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 16:06:01 -0400

Hi Rik,

Depending on how much work the validator has already put in, they may prefer that you just send them the missing pages as an attached file.

Dave

At 02:39 PM 3/15/2008, you wrote:
Let me see if I am doing this right before I do it.
I have not yet tried it, but I think I recall what is best.
I would just as soon adopt the correct way to do it as my habit rather than
have to do it wrong before I do it right.  IF that makes sense.  <g>

So, is this the correct procedure?

I was notified by a Bookshare validation person of a correction needed to my
book submission.

I am making corrections to a book I submitted, that had missing pages.

I will resubmit book to Step 1 new corrected version.

I should submit the book with title HOLD for such and such in front of title
so person validating gets it.

Then the person who has been validating theh book rejects the original copy
of the book, citing the reason saying a new version is being submitted.

They download the new submission.

All becomes Peachy on Peach Street.

Is this all correct?

Thanks.