[bksvol-discuss] Re: Advanced Reader Copies

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 18:58:00 -0500

Well, nothing like that scanned from either cover, or any of the front matter, but I will have a sighted person check to be sure the OCR didn't miss something. The ISBN does come up with the paperback edition, but I don't think these books are ever published in hardcover. The publication date is June 2010, which is what is making me think it might have been an advance copy. I was a member of a monthly book club, and these were books from a separate line that they sent me. Does anyone know how monthly book clubs work?

Thanks,

Melissa Smith

On 5/16/2010 6:04 PM, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:
 It is most likely stated on the cover. Also, there is a good chance
 that it is an ARC if it is a paperback and the ISBN matches a
 hardcover.

 _     _      _

 "No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says; he is always
 convinced that it says what he means." - George Bernard Shaw

 http://www.pathfinderpress.com Granma International:
 http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html ----- Original Message -----
 From: "Melissa Smith" <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx> To:
 <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2010 5:28 PM
 Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Advanced Reader Copies

> Okay, I know we can't submit advanced reader copies of books, but
> how do we know if that is what we have? Would it be stated on the
> book somewhere? Where would I most likely find it? I have 4 books
> here that I have a funny feeling are advanced reader copies, but I
> haven't seen that stated anywhere yet. Thanks,
>
> -- Melissa Smith

> bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx put the word 'unsubscribe' by
> itself in the subject line.  To get a list of available commands,

 bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx put the word 'unsubscribe' by
 itself in the subject line.  To get a list of available commands, put
 the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.