[bksvol-discuss] Re: A new question

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:31:48 -0700 (PDT)

I do the same thing, and Jamie is right. I sometimes
make assumptions that someone knows that something is
when they don't because they've never seen it--or what
I wrote can be interpreted a different way. When I
originally explained how a tightrope walker held the
balance bar I said vertically, forgetting that that
cold have been two different ways. Fortunately, the
question and answer took place here on the list and
Shelley was more specific and I was able to correct
it. Now I try to be really careful and specific.

But when the pictures have captions, I usually just
put the caption, because it usually explains the
picture as well as necessary. It's in children's
picture books that most of the problems arise. smile

Cindy