[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Recent Correspondence Regarding Signatures

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 06:33:31 -0500

Hi all,

Cindy, your name is at the top of your messages. We know who you are and we can address you properly. I just have a thing about people who don't sign their posts. It's like somebody speaking in a conversation behind a curtain so you can't see them, a disembodied voice, a lurker. One of the things you look for in children who are having emotional difficulties is that they do not call others by name. Not signing a post may, I say may, indicate a feeling of worthlessness.

Besides, it's just plain courteous to sign your posts so that people know who's speaking, also so people can address comments to you if you make them.

Never mind, Cindy, <smiling> it's just one of my pet peeves. Maybe it's because I have this happen to me so often in dealings with other people. They speak to me, and they forget or they don't think to identify themselves so I'm left to address them in the generic. <still smiling> Just ignore me.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring