[bksvol-discuss] Re: 2 books of mine on step 1

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 21:23:43 -0400

Hi, Lori.  Hi, Jackie.

Jackie, you being the tech person, maybe you could explain to Lori
how to Format / Paragraph / Space Before and After Paragraphs / and
making sure she's Single spaced.  I put "0" for before paragraph and
definitely "0" for after paragraph (you'd be surprised what has surprised me by showing up in there, 36 pt, stuff like that). 36 pts after every paragraph adds up, especially on a page maybe filled with short-sentenced dialogue.
And the next box is where you pick "Single" spacing.

Also, as far as making a "custom" page size, Under "File" is "Page Setup," and there you can pick your printer. Since you're never going to print this,
pick any printer, and then "Custom" might show up at the bottom of your
possible paper sizes. Also possible: Maybe a choice might be "Panorama Double"
(or is it "Double Panorama") possible with the letter/number "A4" in the
title, which is 8 inches by 22 inches, that might help.

This is all from memory, I don't know the technicals like Jackie does, sorry.

Marilyn

On Aug 30, 2008, at 8:51 PM, Lori Castner wrote:

Hi, Jackie,

I deleted the .doc file I had been working on and used the zip file again. I changed the font to times new Roman the size to .11 and changed the margins to one inch or left and right. I got the page count down from 170 to 138, but the book has 89 pages.

I guess I can leave the soft page breaks in, but just don't like having them there.

What do you think?  Is there anything else I can do to remove them?

Thanks.

Lori

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>