[bks-img-desc] Re: Weekend Request for Image Describers

  • From: "James Stewart" <coolzone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bks-img-desc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:04:41 -0800

I believe this book is completed

-----Original Message-----
From: bks-img-desc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bks-img-desc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Rains
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 5:55 AM
To: bks-img-desc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bks-img-desc] Weekend Request for Image Describers

I have a special weekend request for help with a unique book. It is
basically a book about books -- children's early reader books.

Here's the deal. Senior Bookshare staff will be in DC reporting to the
Department of Education about all that we do. This book, Adventures, comes
right at the top  of the alphabetical lists of books with images being
described.  It would be great to have a good start on it for their "Show and
Tell."

Adventures looks like it will just be a fun book to image describe. Mostly
it is a catalog of children's books with interesting book covers to
describe. As you go deeper you will find that entire children's books
reproduced inside to be described! You could start at the beginning and work
through sequentially. Or you could jump to a favorite story and describe the
images for that particular book.

In total there are 351 images to describe. That's plenty of room for several
people to be working at once.

Here is how to find the book. Of course, you will be asked to register or
sign in before you can get to it. Then choose the filter "Description
Needed" in the dropdown list found in the yellow box at the upper left hand
corner of the image description tool:

https://diagram.herokuapp.com/edit_book/edit?book_uid=9780618157167NIMAS

Enjoy!

Scott Rains
Bookshare
zZ
X(uk.*
        :')2&Ov&-)z{."K&xzG
"q     VqhT)l:;nG
"x66C
-g
K"8+}9
hzG"g)"i9;.&o+Xi
[nK
1J*g5zzX6Ji9;.&
{y+

For help with image description guidelines:
  https://diagram-center.herokuapp.com/help/DescriptionGuidance.html

with â??unsubscribeâ?? in the Subject.