[bks-img-desc] Image Description

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 10:14:29 -0800

Volunteers,

As we approach Thanksgiving I wanted you all to be aware of the tremendous
progress being made as we test the new tool and process for inserting image
descriptions: 2144 images described this morning.

Only two described books have been republished to Bookshare. That's a total of
about 80 described images. The 37 books containing the remaining images are
being processed. Once all images in the book are described the book is reviewed
for quality and republished. Watch for a flurry of them to go live after the
year-end holidays when big changes are in store!

For those tackling this project I have attached the current priority list of
books to describe.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Scott Rains