[birdky] snow brings new arrivals

  • From: "Cindy Powers" <tienywieny@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:27:54 -0500

Last night we received about an inch of snow.
We counted at least 20 Goldfinches eating at one time.
This morning we observed our first Flicker! It ate right from our feeder and
graced us with its presence for over 15 mintues. We also observed a new bird.
So, here we go everyone, [we have no books yet to assist us], it looks like a
House Finch, however, it has bright red going down the spine and more red
throughout the whole body. The second one had less red, so assumed may be the
female? I did get some pictures, but discovered that I have to be a minimum of
49 ft away for it not to come out blurry. So, I have blurry photos. Any ideas
on what this 'new' bird[s] could be?
Happy Birding!
Kenn & Cynthia A. Powers
Williamsburg,KY-Gatliff area