[birdky] scissor-tailed update

  • From: "Scott & Glenda Record" <sgrecord@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:08:41 -0500

Two adults and five fledglings were present this afternoon in the sycamore tree
beside the contractor entrance.  The young are hopping and flapping about the
branches and calling loudly and persistently.  I would describe it as a sharp
load "peek". They appear developed well enough to leave the immediate area any
time now.  Thank you to any and all who reported these birds.  It is not often
that I have had the opportunity to drive to a particular spot in search of a
life bird and see 7 without leaving my truck seat!

SR