[birdky] Re: red-breasted nuthatches

  • From: Michael Hamm <michael.hamm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jbaker@xxxxxxx'" <jbaker@xxxxxxx>, "birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:43:47 -0500

I too have a red-breasted nuthatch (only one) coming occasionally to my feeder
in Danville, but unlike yours, mine eats only suet. I've never seen him take a
safflower seed. Also had a hairy wp last week, along with the usual downies.
That's an unusual bird for my yard feeder.

Michael F.Hamm
Ewing T. Boles Professor of History
Centre College
600 West Walnut Street
Danville, Kentucky 40422
859-238-5264

CENTRE COLLEGE
Personal education. Extraordinary success.
http://www.centre.edu