[birdky] Re: RPT: From INDIANA ... Sandhill Cranes in Ewing Bottoms

  • From: "Kirchhoff, Fred (EPPC DEP DWM)" <Fred.Kirchhoff@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:54:44 -0500

Well unfortunately time did not permit me to get to Ewing on Sunday, but
if the number of flights I observed in the are while driving up and back
are any indication, there most be quite a few.  In the area for 20 miles
north and 20 miles south of Seymour.  I observed at least 100 flights of
Sandhills from as few as 2 birds to several with 50 or more.  Most were
in the range of 15 - 20.

I wish I had been able to make to Ewing as the weather was beautiful.
In the area I was for a meeting, I could hear the Red-Wings singing.

Fred Kirchhoff
Frankfort

        From: Kirchhoff, Fred (EPPC DEP DWM)
<mailto:Fred.Kirchhoff@xxxxxx>