[birdky] WHOOPING CRANE near Sage Thrasher (TN)

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:06:19 -0500

KY-Birders:

If any of you are making the trip to the Knoxville, TN to look for the Sage
Thrasher, I would like to mention that a WHOOPING CRANE was reported this
morning (Sat. 11/15) just after 8 a.m. at the Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge in
Meigs County north of Chattanooga.  This is just west of I-75 where it
crosses the Hiwassee River at the McMinn Co. and Bradley Co. lines.  The
bird was first seen in the area Thursday at 5:10 p.m.   Ken Dubke of
Chattannoga reported that he saw it Friday just before sunset.   Also a
White Pelican is being seen today at the refuge.

Let's go birding....

Wallace Coffey
Bristol, TN