[birdky] TN Golden-crowned Sparrow pix (not KY!)

  • From: <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:10:02 -0600

All,

Thought some might be interested in some shots of the latest great bird to show
up in TN in this amazing year. An adult Golden-crowned Sparrow is coming to the
yard of a TOS member in Covington, just north of Memphis. Jeff Wilson and I met
up at the residence of Keith and Peggy Kunkel, who are very graciously hosting
this bird. Keith and Gail King had the bird when we got there so we just had to
put our glasses up. The bird spent most of its time in cover, so shots weren't
especially easy, but we got some decent ones. Several people enjoyed this bird
yesterday, and hopefully many more will get the chance.

I have posted a few shots of this bird in a new gallery on my webpage. To view
go here:
http://www.pbase.com/mctodd/tn_goldencrowned_sparrow   Double-clicking any
thumbnail will enlarge that photo, and then you can just navigate with the
previous or next tab.

Good Birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN