[birdky] Re: Slightly OT: Songbird Rehabber?

  • From: "D.R. Dubbeld" <techtress@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:27:38 -0400

Thanks for all who have given me contacts, I should have this guy in
the hands of a rehabber today.

I am all for leaving animals where they should be, but the ammount of
droppings the bird had made where it was, the fact that it is still
mostly skin with feathers starting to grow and basically naked and
unable to hop/walk, the high cat count in the area (one came over to
check out what I was doing) and lack of refinding its nest didn't seem
like good conditions to leave the thing in.

I wouldnt remove a fully featherd, not having learned to fly bird from
any location unless actually injured. *shakes fists at free roaming
cats*

--
Diana
techtress@xxxxxxxxx