[birdky] Slightly OT: Songbird Rehabber?

  • From: "D.R. Dubbeld" <techtress@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 22:13:49 -0400

I have found what I believe to be a cardinal nestling at the base of a
very tall (4 storys) tree next to an apartment parking garage. I
looked arround for the nest but could not locate it and did not see
any birds flying into or arround the tree during the time i watched
it. Are there any rehabbers that anyone could refer me to to take this
bird?

It appears to be ok for the time being and does not appeared to be
injured (though it has two minor peck marks on its head) or have
mites. It is deficating regularly and is eating the mixture of
babyfood (beef and applesauce with some egg yolk) that I found
recommended on a rehabbers site online via seringe.

Please let me know! Untill then I will try my best to offer it food
every 30mins for 12hrs as recomended online by many rehab sites.

--
Diana
techtress@xxxxxxxxx