[birdky] Savannah Sparrow

  • From: j arnold <alee04lacebark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 19:31:52 -0700 (PDT)

On the 10th, Monday, I saw a bird I thought looked
different from the usual flock on our porch, so my
husband got the bird book as I looked through the
binoculars and gave him the identifiers I thought
might help. I noticed a yellow spot over the bill,
whitish stripe on top of it's head and pink legs. We
finally decided it must be the Savannah Sparrow, which
we have not seen since May of 1997 at Tom Sawyer State
Park. That was the first and last time we'd seen one
until Monday. We saw only one several times that day,
and haven't seen it since.

Judy Arnold
N. Shelby Co.