[birdky] Sandhill Cranes

  • From: "Gehret, Alan \(Parks\)" <Alan.Gehret@xxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:29:07 -0500

I was out in the backyard of my home in eastern Henderson County yesterday
about 10:30 am when I heard the what sounded like Sandhills in the distance.  I
finally located a flock of 24 birds migrating over coming from the northwest.
Right over the house they began to circle, catching a thermal and continued to
rise until they were mere specks in the sky and then heading on their way to
the southeast.  About 2:00 pm another flock of about 12 - 15 Sandhills came
through following a similar route.

L. Alan Gehret
Curator / Audubon Museum
J.J. Audubon State Park
P.O. Box 576
Henderson, KY 42420
(270) 827-1893

Did you know that the Audubon Museum is home to the largest collection of
paintings and artifacts related to John James Audubon in the country.

Experience the Unbridled Spirit of Kentucky.
www.kentuckyunbridledspirit.com <http://www.kentuckyunbridledspirit.com> and
www.parks.ky.gov <http://www.parks.ky.gov>