[birdky] RPT: Brant observed again

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EPPC OOS KNPC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 06:22:15 -0400

From Ben Yandell:

I can't get to birdky, so if you want to post this, that would be great.

I think everyone struck out during the day on the brant, but Mary Walter
and I had it at the pond on Pumphouse Road.  About 8:30 pm a flock of 9
Canada geese flew in from the small end of the pond and raised our hopes,
but no brant.  At exactly 9 pm, a flock of 17 geese flew in over the
spillway.  The goose in the lead was the brant!  The flock did a U-turn and
landed on the open water.  I took some video, which won't be great given the
fading light, but it was so much fun to see that bird.

Thanks, Roseanna, for finding where the brant spends the night!

Ben Yandell, Louisville