[birdky] Mitchell Lake shorebirds

  • From: "Scott & Glenda Record" <sgrecord@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 19:59:30 -0500

Took the boys fishing this afternoon and had the opportunity to scope the ever
growing mud flat from the levee at Mitchell.  It seems that semi sandpiper is
the bird of the day with a few white-rumped and least thrown in for good
measure.  Habitat is steadily improving.  Approximate numbers:
Semi Plover  2
Semi sandpiper  40-60
Least sandpiper  6
White-rumped sandpiper  3 to 5 (1 positive ID but 2 to 4 more with the same
basic look and sticking together in slightly deeper water, I'm not very
familiar with this species but one dropped his drawers and showed me his rump)

Scott Record
Ragland KY