[birdky] New Bald Eagle Website- Online!

  • From: "Heyden, Kathryn (FW)" <kathryn.heyden@xxxxxx>
  • To: "birdkentucky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:15:04 -0400

We've got our new eagle tracking website
<http://fw.ky.gov/baldeagletracking.asp>  online!  For those of you who
may not have heard, in May 2010, we attached 2 satellite transmitters to
nestling bald eagles at Ballard Wildlife Management Area (WMA) in
Ballard County, KY.  We've created a website for the public to view
up-to-date maps of the eagle's movements and information about the
project.  Interestingly, both of our young eagles have already flown to
northern, IL where they are currently just 25 miles from each other on
the Illinois River.  Please check out the eagle tracking website
<http://fw.ky.gov/baldeagletracking.asp>  for more details.

We've also added additional information to the website about bald
eagles: nesting, wintering, identification, etc.  Please visit the links
below to learn more about Kentucky's bald eagles:

Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources - Bald Eagle
<http://fw.ky.gov/navigation.aspx?cid=874&navpath=C753C755>

A special thanks to those who helped on this project:

Tracking Project- Field Work and Logistics:

Libby Mojica and Bryan Watts of the Center for Conservation Biology, Rob
Colvis, Kory Knight and Ballard WMA Staff, Kevin Tucker, Ben Leffew, Jim
Barnard and Danna Baxley.

Photo donations for website:

Ray Stainfield, David Roemer, Kathy Dennis, Rachel Jenkins, Bryan Watts,
and Tom Fusco.

Website:

Donna Covington

Kate Heyden

Avian Biologist

Nongame Branch

KY Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources

#1 Sportsman's Lane

Frankfort, KY  40601

Phone:  (502) 564-7109 ext. 4475

Fax:  (502) 564 4519

kathryn.heyden@xxxxxx <mailto:kathryn.heyden@xxxxxx>

www.fw.ky.gov <http://www.fw.ky.gov/>

Did you know... Department of Fish and Wildlife receives NO state tax
dollars and manages wildlife for all citizens?

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachment, is for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly
sender, by e-mail, and destroy all copies of the original message.