[birdky] Mitchell Lake

  • From: "Sid Easley" <sid.easley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:10:20 -0500

Hap and I visited Mitchel Lake this morning and found much of the same as
Brainard and Matt did when they observed on August 12.  We did add a Baird's
sandpiper and at least 45 least terns with 13 species of shorebirds counted.
The long-billed dowitcher and the black-bellied plover still remain.

And what about those orange breasted Canada geese?  We finally surmised that it
was the iron in the water that they had been lolling around in for days.

The water is receeding there fast, but it is an outstanding  show of shorebirds
in W. Ky.

Melissa and Hap
Murray, Ky.