[birdky] Fulton County

  • From: HapC1@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:01:08 EDT

Shorebirds were seen at most watering holes in Fulton County today.  Solitary
Sandpipers were the bird of the day.  Least, Semipalmated Sandpiper, Pectoral
and a few Spotted sandpipers were seen.
The young Mississippi Kite has left the nest.  The young wood ducks are full
size and the Painted Bunting was not in his usual perch.
Nancy Moore and I took a quick look at Island #13 in TN.  There were many
Adult Least Terns, no young terns could be found.  Pelican numbered in the
hundreds.  Least and Spotted Sandpipers were the only shorebirds we could find.

Hap Chambers
Murray, KY