[birdky] FW: BEWICK'S WREN

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard (EEC)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 18:44:40 -0400

I am going to go out on a limb (and I hope I'm wrong), but I suspect these are
washed out Carolina Wrens. Jim Williams went up there yesterday or day before
and reported hearing a song from one not unlike Carolina; the two songs are
completely different.

As I say, I hope I'm wrong, but if anyone can CONFIRM the ID of these birds
with song recording or photos, I'm buried on our family farm for a few days.
Even if the birds leave, the nest should ID the species; Bewick's use sticks in
their nest; Carolinas use only dead leaves and moss.

bpb