[birdky] Baltimore Oriole

  • From: j arnold <alee04lacebark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 07:01:18 -0700 (PDT)

The orioles arrived today and the white-crowned sparrows are still here.
A pair of phoebes are nesting on a rafter in our old barn. We are parking our
tractor outside for the duration so we don't disturb them too much. This is the
first time we have had them here that we know of, but the peewee's didn't
return and we have always had them.
Five baby bluebirds will be fledging at the end of the week if all goes well.
We also have between 6 and 7 pairs of martins. We used to have many more but
our neighbor, who has a small lake, has recently put up two houses which are
full. We think she stole our birds. :)

Judy ArnoldNorth Shelby Co.