[beports] Ports not in Gentoo Portage

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:58:11 +0200

Hello Brecht,

As you might have noticed I've updated and added some pages, describing my progress or the dependency tree involved. I missed links back to the port category, so I've changed all pages and updated the template accordingly.

Have you thought about what to do in the rare case that a port is not in Gentoo Portage? WebKit is one such case. My suggestion would be to create custom categories and to prefix such categories with x- like IANA does; I checked this doesn't conflict with X, that's x11-.

Best regards,

Andreas