[bcbirdclub] Fw: St. Patrick's Day gull

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 16:50:28 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: David and Susan Raines
To: bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2014 12:08 PM
Subject: St. Patrick's Day gull

My neighbor Ed Bailey called this morning to report a large white bird in his
hayfield. I rushed down there to find a lone Ring-billed Gull in the same field
that hosted the Long-billed Curlew back in 08. Also, on a power line crossing
the field was a beautiful male Kestrel. Three Rusty Blackbirds joined the
Red-wings and Grackles at our feeders this morning with a Fox Sparrow as well.
Yesterday saw 3 male Cowbirds and a male Purple Finch join the throng in our
feeder yard.
DaveR/Breaks