[bcbirdclub] Breaks Park Birds

  • From: "David & Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:15:42 -0400

I enjoyed a good hike w/my nearly 87 year old Father this afternoon in the
Park. We heard & saw several pretty good birds including the following Warbler
species: Bl-th Green, Yellow-throated, N Parula, Black& White, Ovenbird, &
Cerulean. Blue-headed Vireos were everywhere but, no Red-eyeds. We found a
Marsh Wren working the clumps of new vegetation around the edges of the tail
waters of the Beaver Pond. We went up the Bike Trail & checked the Red-sh
Hawk's nest & were disappointed to find no activity near it. In fact from our
view, the nest looked like it may have been disturbed. Through my binos, I
could see some small downy-white feathers clinging to some of the sticks in the
nest. I'm afraid some predator has found that nest. Later, while checking our
BCBirdclub Bluebird houses near the Laurel Lake dam, we saw a Spotted
Sandpiper.After returning to our home here on Middle Fork I heard my first
Whip-poor-wills of the Spring. Ain't life good! Dave R/Breaks