BBspot Update - 12/11/09

  • From: Brian Briggs <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bbspot <bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 09:59:09 -0500

Buy your gifts for the holiday season at Amazon and help BBspot out at
the same time!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect-home/bbspot-20

NEW STUFF

Features:

Finally another Mailbag arrives with some BBelievers...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2009/12/mailbag-20091207.html

Top 11 most unlikely things said during an online video game session...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2009/12/top-11-unlikely-things-said.html

Ereader showdown between the Nook and the Kindle...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2009/12/nook-vs-kindle.html

Rupert Murdoch to remove sites from Internet...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2009/12/murdoch-removes-sites-from-internet.html

A trailer for the rebooted Sherlock Holmes starring Robert Downey Jr.
See what I think of it...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2009/12/review-sherlock-holmes.html

BBlooper

They shoot horses...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2009/12/3924.php

Deadly Bush Crash
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2009/12/3925.php

Comic

Are you listening?
http://www.bbspot.com/comics/PC-Weenies/2009/12/3927.php
------------------------------
SITE NEWS

- Find out what's happening on the site and around my life in this
week's BBlog... (http://www.bbspot.com/Log/)

- Thank you for all your generous support so far...
(http://www.bbspot.com/store/subscribe.html)

- Vote in this week's poll: Favorite Nobel prize
(http://www.bbspot.com/polls/) Find out when the Christmas shopping
season should start...
(http://www.bbspot.com/polls/2009/04-December-2009.html)

- Not enough BB for you on BBspot?  Follow me on Twitter...
(http://www.twitter.com/briggsb)

- Still don't have your signed copy of The BBook of Geek?  And you
call yourself a geek... (http://www.bbspot.com/store/bbook-store.html)

- Be my friend on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Brian.Briggs)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

I was walking down the street wearing glasses when the prescription ran out.
-Steven Wright
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section
(updated M-F) in case you missed them during the week.  All the links
during the week can be found here:
http://www.bbspot.com/archives_links.html

In a not too distant future, MST3K will be on Hulu.com (meaning now)...
http://www.hulu.com/mystery-science-theater-3000

Chrome gets extensions...
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/

If other celebrities starred in Star Wars...
http://fx.worth1000.com/contests/24246/celebrity-star-wars-6

Tower defense games as suggest by Reddit users...
http://www.reddit.com/comments/abdyd/what_is_your_favourite_tower_defense_game/

The gamer's mentality...
http://i.imgur.com/CQ9Lb.png

OR

Use the convenient form on http://www.bbspot.com

OR

If you have problems with any of these methods, please e-mail me at
briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx

Brian Briggs
Stay Geeky!
http://www.bbspot.com