BBspot Update - 12/18/09

  • From: Brian Briggs <briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bbspot <bbspot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:21:09 -0500

Buy your gifts for the holiday season at Amazon and help BBspot out at
the same time!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect-home/bbspot-20

NEW STUFF

Features:

The story that cause all the trouble this week...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2009/12/tiger-woods-electronic-arts.html

Top 11 signs you bought the wrong gift...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2009/12/top-11-wrong-gift.html

The mailbag where Electronic Arts doesn't like one of my stories...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2009/12/mailbag-20091216.html

Twelve days of BBelievers, a BBspot Christmas carol...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2009/12/twelve-days-of-bbelievers.html

This week I take a look at the latest film from Monty Python alum
Terry Gilliam: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus....
http://www.bbspot.com/News/2009/12/review-imaginarium-dr-parnassus.html

BBlooper

The movie version...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2009/12/3934.php

Can't touch this...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2009/12/3935.php

Wrong holiday...
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2009/12/3936.php
------------------------------
SITE NEWS

- This will probably be the last BBspot Update for the next few weeks.
 Enjoy your holiday celebrations, and have a safe and geeky new year.

- Find out what's happening on the site and around my life in this
week's BBlog... (http://www.bbspot.com/Log/)

- Thank you for all your generous support so far...
(http://www.bbspot.com/store/subscribe.html)

- Vote in this week's poll: Winter Break?
(http://www.bbspot.com/polls/) Find out what your favorite Nobel Prize
is... (http://www.bbspot.com/polls/2009/18-December-2009.html)

- Not enough BB for you on BBspot?  Follow me on Twitter...
(http://www.twitter.com/briggsb)

- Still don't have your signed copy of The BBook of Geek?  And you
call yourself a geek... (http://www.bbspot.com/store/bbook-store.html)

- Be my friend on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Brian.Briggs)
------------------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

The man who says he is willing to meet you halfway is usually a poor
judge of distance.
-Laurence J. Peter
------------------------------
LINKS OF THE WEEK

Here are my favorite 5 links from the BBspot Daily Spot section
(updated M-F) in case you missed them during the week.  All the links
during the week can be found here:
http://www.bbspot.com/archives_links.html

The longest and best review of the prequels that you will ever see...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

Baffling action figures...
http://www.cracked.com/article/236_the-10-most-baffling-action-figure-accessories-all-time/

The complete Cosmos series on Hulu...
http://www.hulu.com/search?query=Cosmos&st=0

What were they thinking...
http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=10506

A Christmas Story goes reality...
http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2009/12/08/20091208tongue-pole-ON.html

OR

Use the convenient form on http://www.bbspot.com

OR

If you have problems with any of these methods, please e-mail me at
briggsb@xxxxxxxxxx

Brian Briggs
Stay Geeky!
http://www.bbspot.com