[baisl] The Compact Edition of The Oxford English Dictionary?

  • From: "Sarah Levin" <slevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 08:34:05 -0800

Hi all,

A generous grandparent has given a donation to the library to purchase The
Compact Edition of The Oxford English Dictionary (the one with the magnifying
glass!). He allows us to use the money for unrestricted purchases if we do not
want to get the OED.
Part of me wants it--I have a romantic vision of kids (or me) pouring over the
tiny words on a rainy day (in a neverending story-style attic, of course).

Back to reality, though. My question is for those of you who have it: is it
used? Do you have a special spot for it? Any opinions?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Sarah

Sarah Levin
Librarian