Badges - Re: Beatings

  • From: "Ronald M. Thomason" <r4445@xxxxxxx>
  • To: badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 19:19:51 -0700

At 01:52 PM 8/3/2011, you wrote:

Ron

What is the whole story on this.

Sandy

Well, basically, what the story says.

In my opinion, the guy should be fired. And there is a good chance he will be. Four or five Metro cops were investigating a burglary call. Two suspects handcuffed and in custody in his car. Metro rules say you don't stop with suspects i the car unless a true emergency. As he is driving away he sees this guy videotaping the activity from his own driveway. The cop stops and tells him to stop. The guy asks the cop what the problem is. I have listened to the tapes and he is very polite and friendly about it.

The cop approaches him and, again, says stop. The guy again politely refuses. The cop knocks the camera to the ground and then beats the guy up kicking him a few times. He is arrested for battery on a cop.

The DA's office drops all charges.

It is with IAD now and, as I said, he will probably be fired.