Badges - Beatings

  • From: "Sandy" <tsand59@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Badges" <Badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 15:52:27 -0500

Ron

What is the whole story on this.

Sandy

      Tom,

      Have you ever thought of videotaping police officers to document their
actions?

      As a concealed weapons permit holder, I know I have.

      Did you think that you could be beat up and arrested for doing it?

      Check out this story of that very thing happening.

      Was a crime committed?

      Nope.

      And despite the Las Vegas Police Department admitting the officer’s
actions “violated several Metropolitan Police Department policies,” the officer
is probably not going to be punished!

      Amazing, isn’t it?

      A cop can grab a guy and beat the snot out of him for the simple act of
operating a video camera, yet he may not even get fired.

      It’s possible that all he will get is a 40-hour unpaid suspension.

      Now get ready for the worst part…

      …he’s been on paid “administrative leave” for 4 months!

      I should tell you, I have several friends in law enforcement.

      I’ve done ride-alongs with them, and witnessed firsthand, from their
perspective, what a tough job they have.

      And I deeply respect them for doing that job, because I think we need
more constitutionally-minded law enforcement officers.

      But this Las Vegas incident is yet another example of the ever-growing
police state that you and I live in.

      In a mad rush to make our country safer, police departments are using
strong-arm tactics that go far beyond their moral and legal boundaries.

      I think Ben Franklin put it best when he said that those who would give
up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither
liberty nor safety.

      I don’t want to lose our freedom in exchange for some perceived temporary
safety by creating a police state, and I know you feel the same.

      Can you imagine if the guy in the video had been carrying a firearm?

      The cops would probably have branded him as a “terrorist,” or worse, they
might have simply shot him as a matter of course.

      Today it’s a random guy with a video camera.

      Tomorrow it could be you.

         For Freedom,

         Dudley Brown
         Executive Director

      P.S. Please help the National Association for Gun Rights continue to
fight against police state actions like the one witnessed in the story linked
above.

      Chipping in $15 or $20 goes a long way toward making your voice heard
with hundreds of thousands of other gun owners who feel the same way.

      Please act TODAY!

      The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan,
single-purpose citizens' organization dedicated to preserving and protecting
the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an
aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun
legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights' mailing address is P.O
7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at
1-877-405-4570. Its web address is www.NationalGunRights.org/

      Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.

      To help the National Association for Gun Rights grow, please forward this
to a friend.

      To view this email as a web page, please click this link: view online.

      Help fight gun control. Donate to the National Association for Gun Rights!