[bactttoma] From Steven Taylor. Fixing computer route directories and i p headers.

  • From: taylor family <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 09:17:37 +1000

From Steven Taylor.

Hi folks.

I bought my Mac second hand and not until last Friday was I aware there was
another persons name anywhere on the computer.

Anyway, after receiving the usualabusive emails and phone calls from members of
the blind community, that is to say rather than them asking me if I was aware
of this name on my computer or how I might fix the problem.

The good news is I now know how to fix this problem.

I didn't fix it before, because I wasn't aware the name was there in the first
place and if I was aware of it I would have fixed this earlier.

Now it seems to be that the only way of fixing this permanently although too
late for some of the blind community is to reformat the whole Mac and start
from scratch.

I have backed up all the files I want to keep and got a sighted tech person to
insure that when the files are restored this name is no longer there.

Also the name was apparently appearing in i p email headers again, I was not
aware of it.

So next time you buy a computer second hand please insure you get the tech
people to clear the route directory otherwise you will get phone calls from
England at 3 in the morning calling you everything under the sun.

I will have this fixed tomorrow Saturday so yes the name is still in the route
directory somewhere so thanks there is no need for any more abusive phone calls
or emails.

Oh yes, I have informed the person his name was on this computer and that is
the only contact I intend to have with this person.

Actually he was shocked to tell you the truth couldn't believe people thought I
was him and that sort of thing.

Cheers.

Steven Taylor.

To Leave bactttoma send an email to: