[aztec-users] Re: js

  • From: "Phillip Martin" <pmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aztec-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 00:09:59 +1000

> Just one of those things I keep putting off.  There is a default
> directory that Aztec will look in for scripts when you explicitly load
> them (the /script directory), but no code for doign an auto load.
> Probably no more than 10-20 lines of code to do the job.

I did it in 3! :)   Its dodgy, but it works.

Its in there now, AztecMainDlg.cpp:402

  // load the initlisation script.
  std::string result;
  g_ScriptInterp.ExecuteScript("load('init.js');", result);

> I agree.  Problem is that writing text editors isn't my forte.  I put
> together a very simple variant of a windows edit box to make a command
> window.  If I find some nice code laying around for a console window,
> I'll happily replace what I did with something better.  Suggestions?

I'll do a nice text control up for it. I've done so many Text controls over
time I have nightmares about them chasing me :)

> Note that adding the LiveConnect classes (to allow running real Java
> from JavaScript) is easy and works well.  It is not currently enabled
> (mostly because I'm not really sure what sort of JRE people might or
> might not have installed).  If there is a real desire for this, I can
> get it plugged in (with extra work it could be an configurable option).

Its got a high coolness factor, but I can't think of what real benefits it
would have. We underuse the java script component as it is, let alone how
much we would underuse the whole jre. Although it would be nice to have a
lot of the things the jre comes with.

And I have jre 1.3.01 or something similar installed. I use java a great
deal for work, so I will generally go up versions regularly.

Phil