[AZ-Observing] urban SQLs?

  • From: "Dan Heim" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "AZ Observing" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 16:00:37 -0700

I don't yet own an SQL meter, and I should, and I will, but I know many of you
own them because I often read reports from Cherry Road, etc.
But for a basis of comparison, have any of you taken readings in, say, urban
Glendale, Scottsdale, Phoenix, etc.

Likewise, have any of you taken readings in what are considered the "better"
areas, such as Fountain Hills, Desert Hills, Carefree, New River, or North
Peoria.

Any numbers from any places as described would be of help to me in preparing
for an upcoming presentation on light pollution.  Thanks!

Dan Heim
President
Desert Foothills Astronomy Club
http://www.dfacaz.org