[AZ-Observing] Re: solar filter suggestions

  • From: pulind@xxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 17:48:24 -0400 (EDT)

Wayne,

I have used Baader film to make binocular filters and 80mm finder filters.  It
gives a more neutral color than older mylar filters, and comes in visual and
photographic densities.  I made slide-on filter cells by wraping thin cardboard
around the objective ends of the binocular, and used Elmers glue between wraps.
 These were then glued to narrow annular cardboard rings which hold the filter.
 Somewhat crude but very cheap.  I think Starizona sells the film.

Paul Lind