[AZ-Observing] Re: solar filter suggestions

  • From: Dan Heim <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 13:05:59 -0700

I hear from a friend that the new "orange" filter glasses sold by
Rainbow Symphony are pretty good. Go to:
http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/eclipse-glasses.html and scroll down to
where they advertise their "black polymer" viewers. Not sure how the
size will work with your binocs, but my friend tells me they provide a
much sharper image than standard mylar filters. At least a place to
start looking. Good luck.
Dan Heim

.