[AZ-Observing] Re: astro advice needed

  • From: "Jennifer Polakis" <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:00:25 -0700

Although probably not a "must" I think a brief tutorial on sky navigation
R.A./Dec., degrees, arc minutes..., circumpolar/seasonal constellations,
finding the invisible with the visible, etc. is a good step to spark an
interest.  The ability to solo starhop to a great attractor using a telrad
or other finder is easy to teach and makes a good accomplishment.

I'd be happy to drop off my 10" Dob for those weeks or longer--It's a very
tough Meade Starfinder with nothing automatic and it fits in the trunk of
most parent's cars.  Call/email me directly if you're interested.

Jennifer Polakis
480 967 1658
M24@xxxxxxx