[AZ-Observing] Re: Will you be able to convince the judge you were aiming at a star?

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:12:52 -0500

---- George Barber <gbarber@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> occur.  But, mark my words, WE will be the ones who will have to pay when
> the ignorant lame-brained legislators knee-jerk and ban green laser
> pointers or some other such nonsense.

I wouldn't mind if the lame-brained legislators set an upper limit on the
output of green lasers, like 10 milliwatts or something.  I was at a dark-sky
star party -- can't remember which one -- and somebody had one of those 35
milliwatt Wicked Lasers.  I could see it from a couple hundred yards away, and
it was annoying, completely ruining the aesthetic experience of being out under
the stars.

And in case you all were wondering, my green laser is rated at 10 milliwatts.

Tom