[AZ-Observing] Transit of Venus

  • From: Jeff <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 16:43:06 -0700

The January issue of Sky & Telescope has a couple of articles on the transit of
Venus. The next one is next June. The following one will be 115 year later. So,
most likely this will be the last chance anone alive today will have to view
it. I made a trip to NYin 2004 to view the transit then. I was not
disappointed.
See:
 http://www.hposoft.com/Astro/Venus%20Transit/Venus%20Transit.html

Has anyone made any plans for the event? I will probably set up my 8" LX 90
with a full aperture solar filter as well as my little 60 mm ETX 60 with filter
(this is what I used in NY).

Jeff
Hopkins Phoenix Observatory
(187283)