[AZ-Observing] Re: The Street Formerly Known as Cherry Road

  • From: "Brad Geisler" <bradley154@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 08:45:19 -0700

I am thinking about my first trip to Cherry Rd this weekend. Sounds cooler
than Picket Post or Antennaes.
Coming from the east valley, it will be about a two hour drive, so I would
prefer to sleep over.
I know the area, but have never been down the road to the site. So, I am
wondering the following.

Is camping permitted in the area ?  Just car camping for me.

Will it be a zoo with non astronomy campers for the July 4th weekend ?

Are others planning to be there ?

Thanks in advance for any comments or recommendations,
Brad Geisler