[AZ-Observing] The Street Formerly Known as Cherry Road

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 16:10:09 -0400

For those who will going to "Cherry Road" star parties in the future, note that
all the signs along I-17 that used to read "Cherry Rd." now read
"Dewey-Humboldt."  This includes the sign at the exit, which makes no reference
to Cherry Rd.

I could imagine how some might get confused on their way up to the site,
continuing on as far as the Stoneman Lake Rd. exit before realizing that Cherry
Road is well behind them.

Tom