[AZ-Observing] Re: Sun Spot

  • From: Jeffmight@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:29:07 EST

I've noticed the same phenomena while viewing prominences with my 40 mm
hydrogen alpha filter. At first only the most intense flares are visible, but
the
longer I observe, the more detail becomes apparent and smaller and fainter
features become visible. I don't believe it's seeing. It seems to be a function
of
time. The longer you observe, the more detail you get. Probably psychological
as the mind begins to ignore the overall view and search for aberrations in
the field.    Jeff Vandecar