[AZ-Observing] Re: Spectacular Lovejoy videos

  • From: Joe Larkin <joeclarkin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 08:55:04 -0800 (PST)

The C3 movie shows the milky way coming into the field. M8 is easily visible
and M20 is there as well I think. Identifying stars is a little tricky as there
is so much noise in the image. When it is paused, some of the brightest stars
are just artifacts.
This is certainly the latest in the year that I've "seen" the M8. Really worth
checking out. Oh and the comet's pretty cool too.

Joe Larkin