[AZ-Observing] Re: Should we go to 5 Mile Meadow this weekend?

  • From: "Steve McAllister" <steve_mcalli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 02:18:40 -0700

Steve,
I'm planning to go this weekend.  I don't have a strong preference for a
location but the rim looks a bit iffy at this time. Happy Jack has a
projection of a 20 percent chance of rain and partly cloudy.  Quartzite is
projected to be hot, but clear.  I can only get out Sat.  PM so the need for
a porta-potty should not be an issue for me.  My preference would be for the
darkest site, but not if we are going to get clouded out again.  I'll rely
on the more seasoned observers in the group to help make a decision.
Steve McAllister