[AZ-Observing] Should we go to 5 Mile Meadow this weekend?

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:40:53 -0700

Howdy all;

I need to start a conversation concerning going to 5 Mile Meadow this
weekend.  I look to the north right now and the clouds cover almost the
entire northern horizon.  It seems that the monsoons are still making lots
of clouds in the Rim Country.  I am just as tired as anyone with putting up
with the heat, but I really want to get some observing done this New Moon.

It seems to be more consistently clear toward the Antennas site at Hovatter
Road.  I know the temperature there, but it may just be something that we
need to put up with to get clear skies.

I called the nice lady at the company who supplies a portable toilet for 5
Mile Meadow and she said that if I called her on Wednesday morning she could
have us serviced by Thursday afternoon.

So, we need to decide in the next 36 hours.  Let me hear from you.

Hoping for the best;
Steve Coe