[AZ-Observing] Re: Schmidt-Newtonian

  • From: <mwiles@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:04:12 -0400

I haven't seen a 6" or 8" (and haven't looked through any of them), but there
was a 10" S/N setup at the Cosmic Thing star party at Estrella Mountain Ranch a
few weeks ago.  I never got a chance to look through it, but from the looks of
it, I don't think I'd want this scope to take on trips like you've described
below.

Of course it was the 10", but the O.T.A. was pretty large, and the mount seemed
quite bulky.  Judging by the look, I'd guess it takes up as much space in a
vehicle as my 15" Obsession does.

Mike