[AZ-Observing] Re: Schmidt-Newtonian

  • From: "Tejera, Rick" <rtejera@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:40:48 -0400

Stan,
I know that our Webmaster Stan Clark recently got a 10" Meade SN. I haven't
had a chance to see it, as he hasn't been able to get out with it. You may
want to contact him and see what he thinks. Personally, I agree with Jeff on
the fact that event the 8" is pretty big, hardly what I'd call a travel
scope. You might do better with a Maksutov. Meade make the ETX in 90, 105 &
125 MM apertures and they are goto with autostar. Orion offers the Starmax
in the same aperture on eq. mounts for about 30% less $$. Mac's a re known
for their image quality and simplicity. I've observe through an ETA 90 and
was impressed by the view for a scope of that aperture. also if Got is
something you want, the Auto star works as advertised. The whole assembly
(less tripod) can be sowed in a case small enough to carry on an airplane.

MITCH
Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews
Saguaro Astronomy Club