[AZ-Observing] Re: Request for Telescopes in Phoenix

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 22:41:50 -0700

Stan, All,

For those of us that have done these events know exactly what they
entail.  A group, usually corporate, wants to provide a unique
experience to their members and a couple telescopes on the patio just
outside/after dinner fits the bill.  These events are paid and you have
to accept the limitations and requirements that entails.

The TAAA earns good money doing these things and we have a regular
program administered by John Kalas.  I have set up a scope on patios and
lawns of most of the high end resorts here in Tucson.  Imagine grabbing
a luggage cart and loading up a scope, while rolling it past the pool on
the way to a patio just outside a banquet hall, meanwhile hoping you
will have a view to the east and Saturn rising.  Once we set up on the
tee line of a driving range of one of the best courses in Tucson,
actually a pretty good spot.

Thanks for eveyone's response!  I have passed on the information.

Andrew

"Stanley A. Gorodenski" wrote:

> Maybe more is being read into this than what is there. They just want
> telescopes. Who knows what their reason(s) is(are). There is no
> indication, from the below, they want an experienced observer to guide
> them through the heavans, but maybe Andrew can enlighten us more on why
> they want the telescopes.
>
> Stan
>
> Andrew Cooper wrote:
>
> >Does anyone in the Phoenix area provide telescopes on a paid basis for
> >commercial events? (Company dinners and such)  I have a request that
> >came through the TAAA email for an event in a couple weeks.
> >
> >Andrew

Andrew Cooper
Tucson, AZ
mailto:acooper@xxxxxxxxx